"There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings."
Hodding Carter Jr.
Hodding Carter Jr.
02 October 2008
Party on!
We somehow managed to survive the afternoon sans nap (we'll leave it to your imagination who needed a nap), and caught our second wind for more family fun.
One of the weekend's highlights was a visit from the (of late) Nashville Clarks. Rebecca and Gavin are ridiculously grown up; it was a joy to watch them interact with their relatively-wee (second) cousins.
Kirky and Dini provided ample entertainment. Or should I say, they provided the game system and the kids provided ample entertainment!
Can you believe this little Sinatra?
Rebecca was 4-months-old when Andy and I were married. We can only hope Ellie will be as charming a young lady.
Gavin and Will were unstoppable on the mics. American Idol may have to wait, though... I think voice lessons may be in order for Will!
Opa and (Omi's brother) Uncle Pete -- who are a day apart -- were the reason for the festivities.
I hope the birthday boys' wishes came true!
We rarely have the opportunity to fit this big a family fest into a day that doesn't include a wedding or holiday. It was truly a celebration of all the important stuff. We're so blessed. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment