"There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings."
Hodding Carter Jr.

13 December 2010

Primary patriots

Apparently in lieu of a holiday show, Whittier's first- and second-graders performed a patriotic medley for parents Nov. 18. I've decided the Jaguar Jungle (gym) has the worst lighting ever, so please excuse the poor photography. Will is standing in the middle row between the backboard and the Whittier Jaguars banner.
It was a quick show, and while I understand holiday tunes must get tiresome year after year, I had a bit of a tough time wrapping my head around the selection of songs. Will did participate a little—I could see his lips moving!—which is a vast improvement from his preschool years. ;)
His classmates took turns introducing songs, which was a treat. Poor lighting or song selection aside, I jump at any chance to see the kids perform. Good job, Will!

No comments: